Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
It is hard to imagine but in as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, such as a roof leak or plumbing issues like a leaking water line. Something to consider is that mold is an allergen and for some, could cause health effects. Even if the mold develops inside the wall or a cabinet and is not necessarily visible, it can cause significant damage to your property.
The optimum way to deal with the mold for the majority of mold situations inside your home is to safely remove the affected materials. Protect your most valued investment and hire professionals for mold removal services. SERVPRO of West Covina has the proper certifications, training, over a dozen years of experience, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. If you are unsure if you have a mold issue or not, call or message us today!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (626) 960-9145
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of West Covina for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of West Covina has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Covina
- La Puente
- Baldwin Park
- Plaza West Covina